Fortress.Legal™ is a secure Intangibles Management System (IMS) where innovative companies can strategically manage and track ideas, IP, contracts and business data to grow faster and achieve higher valuations. Our mission is to democratize the global marketplace by empowering innovators to better leverage their intellectual property. We believe that every great idea should have equal opportunity to succeed.
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Senior Front-end Developer to join our technology team. As a Front-end Developer, you will be responsible for implementing the user interface that users see and interact with in a web application. You will be working with the latest technology, and you will have the chance to advance and grow your career in a fast-growing startup environment. The successful applicant will be well-versed in modern web development with solid experience in web-client development, helping us achieve our business goals by providing technical leadership and ownership.
This full-time position will report to the VP Operations and can be based in our Ottawa, Canada office, fully remote, or hybrid (for Canadian residents only). We’re looking for candidates to join us immediately!
What you have:
- Post-secondary education in a field related to Computer Science or Engineering
- 8+ years experience working in a web applications team producing commercial software
- Experience organizing code in reusable components, reducing duplication
- Experience with HTML5, CSS and Sas
- Experience with source control using Git, Github, code reviews using PR’s
- Experience working within a Scrum framework, enabled with collaboration tools like Jira, Asana, Confluence, etc
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Node.js and API development
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with Amazon AWS (Security Groups, EC2, RDS, ECS, S3, Cloudfront, ELB, Lambda)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Scrum master experience
- Technical leadership experience (design, code reviews, mentoring junior developers, etc)
At Fortress.Legal, all our team members are given the autonomy to have a strategic impact in how we scale. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, vacation allowances, employee stock option plan and other perks to help our employees thrive. As we continue to grow, we are committed to cultivating an environment where everyone’s unique perspectives are heard and valued. Fortress.Legal is an equal opportunity employer; we encourage applications from all backgrounds, identities, abilities, and life experiences.
Please email your application to Samantha Murray and include confirmation of your Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status (ie you must legally be able to work in Canada).
We thank you for your interest in joining our team!