Fortress.Legal™ is a secure Intangibles Management System (IMS) where innovative companies can strategically manage and track ideas, IP, contracts and business data to grow faster and achieve higher valuations. Our mission is to democratize the global marketplace by empowering innovators to better leverage their intellectual property. We believe that every great idea should have equal opportunity to succeed.
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Backend Web Application Developer to join our technology team. As a backend developer, you will be responsible for implementing the API and backend services that power our product. You will be working with the latest technology, and you will have the chance to advance and grow your career in a fast-growing startup environment. The successful applicant will be well-versed in Node.js with solid experience in backend web application development.
This full-time position will report to the VP Operations and can be based in our Ottawa, Canada office, fully remote, or hybrid (for Canadian residents only). We’re looking for candidates to join us immediately.
What you have:
- Post-secondary education in a field related to Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years experience working in a backend web applications team producing commercial software
- Experience with Node.js and frameworks such as Express, Hapi or FoalTS
- Experience with common web API patterns like REST
- Experience with cron jobs, and asynchronous tasks and related software
- Experience developing high-performing PostgreSQL database schemas
- Experience with source control using Git, Github, code reviews using PR’s
- Experience working within a Scrum framework, enabled with collaboration tools like Jira, Asana, Confluence, etc
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with message queuing and pub/sub (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Experience with centralized caching (Redis)
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with Amazon AWS (Security Groups, EC2, RDS, ECS, S3, Cloudfront, ELB, Lambda)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Scrum master experience
At Fortress.Legal, all our team members are given the autonomy to have a strategic impact in how we scale. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, vacation allowances, employee stock option plan and other perks to help our employees thrive. As we continue to grow, we are committed to cultivating an environment where everyone’s unique perspectives are heard and valued. Fortress.Legal is an equal opportunity employer; we encourage applications from all backgrounds, identities, abilities, and life experiences.
Please email your application to Samantha Murray and include confirmation of your Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status (ie. you must legally be able to work in Canada).
We thank you for your interest in joining our team!