Fortress.Legal™ is a secure SaaS web platform designed to mitigate risk and drive value for innovative SMEs. The
platform combines valuable features of secure cloud storage, intelligent management of IP and contracts, and an
organized data room, all in an easy-to-use product that is right-sized for SMEs.
- Fortress.Legal™ co-founders Natalie Raffoul & Jen Raoul are actively engaged in Invest Ottawa’s SheBoot program
- (Cohort 2) along with eight other female-led tech companies from across Canada to become investment-ready and ultimately pitch to win a $150,000 grand prize or $50,000 second prize
- Jen and Natalie have been working with their amazing SheBoot coach Su Mardelli to perfect their pitch decks and build out their revenue model and sales plan
- Fortress.Legal™ is excited to be working with its SheBoot ‘Ghost Board’ of experienced women advisors: Debbie Pinard, Catarina Silva, Connie Chan.
- Natalie and Jen have been selected to teach the IP component of the SheBoot program and are excited to share their knowledge with the Cohort
- After securing $50k in IRAP Funding to support the hire of a junior Software Engineer through the Youth Funding Program, Fortress.Legal™ is now applying for additional IRAP Funding to support the hire of a Senior Software Developer
- Our MVP is finalized and we are enrolling Beta Partners and conducting numerous demos to companies, law firms and funders Jen spoke to Cohort 12 of Invest Ottawa’s Ignition Program, formerly the Pre-Accelerator Program, to share the Fortress.Legal™ story and what we’ve been up to since completing the program in Cohort 10
- We are looking for innovative SMEs to test out Fortress.Legal™ as Beta Partners.
- If you are interested in signing up, please email Natalie Raffoul.
- We are looking to hire a Full-Stack Software Developer. Please check out and share our job posting!
- Our financing round is open and we have early interest from investors. Please contact us for information about the opportunity
- Please follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram!
Importance of Patent Rights for Valuation:
- Congratulations! LearnExperts, led by CEO, Sarah Sedgman, announced on Monday, September 13, 2021, that it had closed an oversubscribed seed round worth $1.25-million, for a new artificial intelligence (AI) platform designed to cut the time it takes to create corporate training courses from months to days.
- Sarah Sedgman said, “Having that [US] provisional patent really helped us with the investors – this gave us validation as to the uniqueness of what we’re doing.” Validation of the importance of considering IP early in your business strategy.